Jehovah’s Witnesses have 6 million followers worldwide and begun in 1872. They are a non-Christian cult. They claim:
- Jesus is Michael the archangel and was Jehovah’s first creation and co-creator. They reject that Jesus is God.
- (see the Deity of Christ Page)
o Isaiah 44:6 says “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:”I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god. But in Revelation 1:8, 1:17, 2:9, 21:6, 22:13 Jesus says HE is the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last correct me if I’m wrong but a created being cannot be the First the Last the Alpha and Omega taking the same title as God unless He IS God.
o Isaiah 44:24 says, “I am the LORD, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself, ” yet JW’s claim Jesus was the “co-creator” and first creation.
o John 5:23 says, “That all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.” the Question becomes do they honor the son JUST AS they honor the Father who sent him? How do we honor the Father? … Worship!
- Jesus began his invisible rule over the earth in 1914 his headquarters is in New York.
- Only 144,000 get into heaven.
- The 144,000 who are still alive partake of communion once a year. In most congregations the plate just gets passed around with no one touching the elements. 1 Corinthians 11:26 says, “For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.”
- They use an altered version of the bible (new world translation) to fit their beliefs along with the watchtower magazine.
- The New World Translation or “green phantom” named so because the translators conceal their identities is a sadly disfigured translation that is not based on the Greek and Hebrew text but rather their own teachings on what they think it should say. In the transcript of a trial featuring Fredrick Franz, vice president Of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society in 1945 The Transcript reads:
Q. tell me; are you the real authority in all publication which involve translation? A. No. Q. But you say you O.K. translations? A. I O.K. translations. I go through them Q. If you O.K. them they automatically go to the president, do they? A. They go to the President, and he gives further consideration. -Adjourned-
Wednesday, 24th November, 1954
Q. First, I just wanted to get from you the Officers of the various societies of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, Pennsylvania, the Officers are, President, Mr. Knorr? A. Yes Q. Vice-President yourself? A. Yes. Q. and Secretary and Treasurer, Mr. Grant Souter? A. Yes. Q. …..would you look, please, at No. 42 of Process, which is the New World translation of the Hebrew scriptures. I think we come to the Name Jehovah in the fourth verse, don’t we, of the second chapter of Genesis, page 34? A. Yes. Q. You yourself read and speak Hebrew, do you? A. I do not speak Hebrew Q. You do not? A. No Q. can you, yourself, translate that into Hebrew? A. Which? Q. That fourth verse of the second Chapter of Genesis? A. You mean here? Q. Yes A. No I won’t attempt to do that. (If you check the Translations shouldn’t you be able to translate them yourself?!)
o What is the Watchtower Magazine? “It should be expected that the Lord would have a means of communication to his people on the earth, and he has clearly shown that the magazine called The Watchtower is used for that purpose.” 1939 Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses, p. 85.” If God communicated to us through the Watchtower magazine, you’d think that everything we find in the magazine would be without error, because God cannot lie.
o “Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long awaited thousand year reign of Christ will begin by then? Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seven thousand year period of man’s existence coincides with the sabbathlike thousand-year reign of Christ”…. (it goes on to explain how they will come up with this number, it goes on:) “It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years.” -Watchtower Magazine, August 15, 1968 “Why are you looking forward to 1975?”-
o And again concerning the end coming in 1975 “Many schools now have students counselors who encourage one to pursue higher education after high school, to pursue a career with a future in this system of things. Do not be influences by them. Do not let them “brainwash” you with the Devil’s propaganda to get ahead, to make something of yourself in this world. This world has very little time left!…..Make a pioneer service, the full-time ministry with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service your goal.” “If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career, But where will this system of thing be by that time? It will be well on the way toward it’s finish, if not actually gone!” -Watchtower magazine May 15 & 22, 1969-
o After the 1975 came and gone they published an explanation “It may be that some who have been serving God have planned their lives according to a mistaken view of just what was to happen on a certain date or in a certain year. They may have, for this reason put off or neglected things that they otherwise would have cares for. But they have missed the point of the Bible’s warnings concerning the end of this system of things, thinking the Bible chronology reveals the specific date….. however, say that you are one who counted heavily on a date, and, commendably, set your attention more strictly on the urgency of the times and the need of the people to hear. And say you now, temporarily, feel somewhat disappointed; are you really the loser? Are you really hurt? “Watchtower Magazine July 15, 1976- It seems that the “god” of the JW’s lie … consider this growth chart showing how this event affected the JW “church”
o But this is not the first time JW’s predicted the end let’s visit back to the court transcript from Fredrick Franz in 1954. “Q. Do you still maintain a property known as Beth-Sarim in San Diego, California? A. No. Q. was it not, a mansion in San Diego kept for the second coming of some of the prophets? A. Kept for the resurrected Prophets. Q. Namely who? A. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Moses, and so on – Daniel. Q. Was that in the days of Judge Rutherford or Pastor Russell? A. No, that was in the days of Judge Rutherford. Q. Were the whole body of witnesses instructed to accept that the mansion was being kept for that purpose? A. Yes. Q. What has come of the mansion? A. It has been sold. Q. Why? A. Because it was there, and the Prophets had not yet come back to occupy it, to make use of it, and the Society had no use for it at the time. it was a charge of a caretaker, and it was causing expense, and our understanding of the Scriptures opened up more, and more concerning the Princes, which will include those Prophets, and so the property was sold as serving no present purpose. Q. Am I right that it was at one time forecast that in 1925 Abraham and other Prophets would come back to earth? A. They were expected to come back approximately then. Q. But they did not come? A. No Q. it was published, was it not, to the body of the Jehovah’s Witnesses that that was to be expected in 1925? A. Yes Q. but that was wrong? A. Yes, and Judge Rutherford admitted it to the Headquarters.”
o It seems that Jehovah’s Witnesses gain members by appealing to the end times and with all the esscato-maniacs (end time nuts) we have, they succeed.
- The Cross is a pagan and should not be used.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses lop Christians and Catholics together saying that we worship the cross which isn’t true (just the one who hung on that cross); we use it as symbolism of the greatest act of love ever. They claim that Jesus was killed on a stake.
- If they want to play the “pagan symbols” game we can easily say that the watchtower is a pagan symbol and is on tarot cards.
- They should rather concern themselves on the effect of the Cross FIRST not the method of the Cross. If a single stake was used, it would only require one nail. Yet in John 20:25 it says, “I shall see in his hands the print of the nails” plural!
- No blood transfusions, no voting, no saluting the flag, no Christmas, no birthdays, no armed forces.
- In the days of small pox the Jehovah’s witnesses prevented their members from getting their vaccinations because they were under the impression it had animal blood in it and this was forbidden in the scriptures. “Vaccination never prevented anything and never will, and is the most barbarous practice…We are in the last days; and the devil is slowly losing his hold, making a strenuous effort meanwhile to do all the damage he can, and to his credit can such evils be placed…Use your rights as American citizens to forever abolish the devilish practice of vaccinations.” -The Golden Age, 1921-OCT-12-
- and also “Thinking people would rather have smallpox than vaccination, because the latter sows seeds of syphilis, cancers, eczema, erysipelas, scrofula, consumption, even leprosy and many other loathsome affections. Hence the practice of vaccinations is a crime, an outrage, and a delusion.” -The Golden Age, 1929-JAN-5-
- again “As vaccination is a direct injection of animal matter in the blood stream, vaccination is a direct violation of the law of Jehovah God.” -The Golden Age, 1935-APR-2-
- it is reported that many JW’s died as a consequence of refusing small pox vaccinations. But in the 1950’s God changed his mind when a now ex-JW went to where they made small pox vaccinations it was there they told him that there is no blood in these vaccinations. Their response was this “After consideration of the matter, it does not appear to us to be in violation of the everlasting covenant made with Noah” –The Watchtower, 1952-DEC-15-
- they now promote vaccinations as if this never happened: “In the world’s developed countries, new vaccines dramatically decreased the toll of measles, mumps, and German measles. A mass polio vaccination campaign, launched in 1955, was so successful that cases of the disease in Western Europe and North America plummeted from 76,000 in that year to fewer than 1,000 in 1967. Smallpox, a major killer disease, was eradicated worldwide.” -Awake! 1997-FEB-22-
- Worked based system for salvation.
- And the saddest of all they are trusting in their works for salvation.
- Romans 3:20 says “For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.”
- Romans 3:28 says “For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.”
- Galatians 2:16 says “yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.”
- Ephesians 2:8-9 says “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
- Jesus says in Matthew 5:20 ” For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.”
- James 2:10 says “For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.
For more Information please visit: http://vintage.aomin.org/Witnesses.html